My dedicated team of staff and I stand ready to assist you as we recover together from the catastrophic tornadoes and severe weather that impacted our communities. – Congressman Brett Guthrie (KY-02)

Multiple federal agencies offer assistance and resources in the event of natural disaster, which are listed on this webpage. You can contact my office at any point at (202) 225-3501 and (270) 842-9896 or by clicking HERE to request assistance or ask questions about federal assistance. My staff is working diligently to respond to requests with up-to-date and accurate information as quickly as possible.


Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):

FEMA is the leading federal agency charged with assisting State and Local governments in addition to individuals before, during, and after natural disasters. FEMA is currently assisting communities in Kentucky impacted by the tornadoes.

With general questions about the assistance FEMA and their partners can offer to you or your neighbors during this time, please visit:

FEMA Individual Assistance

FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program allows impacted individuals to apply directly for federal assistance through FEMA if certain impacted areas are granted a Major Declaration Disaster Request by the President. A Major Disaster Declaration has been approved for Warren, Hart, and Barren counties.

The deadline for individuals from Warren, Hart, and Barren counties to apply for FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program has been extended to Monday, March 14. There is no need to apply again if you have already done so.

The FEMA Individual Assistance Program provides assistance to affected individuals and includes access to a FEMA casework in addition to:

  • Mass Care & Emergency Assistance
  • Crisis Counseling Assistance
  • Disaster Unemployment Assistance
  • Disaster Legal Services
  • Disaster Case Management
  • Assistance for uninsured or underinsured needs or expenses
Individual Assistance Program also offers housing assistance. Both renters and homeowners are eligible for individual assistance. FEMA will not cover any insured items and recommends contacting your insurance carrier first to determine policy coverage. FEMA also recommends documenting all damages with pictures in addition to listing all damaged or lost items.

You must apply for FEMA individual assistance and can do so by directly contacting FEMA by:

  • Calling 800-621-FEMA (3362), or;
  • Visiting, or;
  • Downloading the FEMA App at or through their mobile provider’s application store.
  • If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and use a Text Telephone (TTY), you may call 800-462-7585.
  • If you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), please use the standard toll-free FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362). 

Below are some other federal assistance programs you may want to consider:

USDA Assistance Programs

USDA has several standing programs to provide disaster relief to farmers. The Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers several disaster programs aimed at providing assistance to livestock producers, orchards and nurseries, as well as providing assistance with rebuilding fencing, removing debris, and grazing assistance.

USDA has approved several counties in KY-02 for physical losses caused by the tornadoes. Those counties include: Barren, Boyle, Breckinridge, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Spencer, and Warren. Eligible individuals in these counties will have 8 months to apply for FSA’s Emergency Disaster Loan Program. Please contact your local FSA office for additional programs that may be available to you.

Folks can reach out to their local FSA office to find out what programs are available to them.

  • Barren County FSA Office: (270) 629-2081

  • Boyle County FSA Office: Please contact the FSA office in Mercer County at (859) 734-4326

  • Breckinridge County FSA Office: (270) 756-5263

  • Edmonson County: Please contact the Warren County FSA Office at (270) 843-1111

  • Grayson County FSA Office: (270) 259-3716

  • Green County FSA Office: Please contact the Taylor County FSA Office at (270) 465-4651

  • Hardin County FSA Office: (270) 765-2702

  • Hart County FSA Office: (270) 524-5631

  • Spencer County FSA Office: Please contact the Shelby County FSA Office at (502) 633-3294

  • Warren County FSA Office: (270) 843-1111

Please call your local office before visiting in-person.

USDA link


Survivors of severe storms and tornadoes in Warren, Hart, and Barren counties who apply for disaster assistance from FEMA may also be referred to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) with information on how to apply for a disaster loan. Those in other Kentucky counties that are not part of the Major Disaster Declaration may only apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loans.

Businesses should apply immediately for assistance and SBA approval does NOT mean businesses must take the loan. SBA offers long-term, low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters.

SBA disaster loans cover losses not fully compensated by insurance or other resources. Survivors should not wait for an insurance settlement before submitting an SBA loan application.

Individuals may apply by:

  • Using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via the SBA’s secure website at
  • Submitting paper applications may be requested by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 TTY) or by emailing to

Eligible individuals include:

  • Homeowners of up to $200,000 for primary residence structural repairs or rebuilding.
  • SBA may also be able to help homeowners and renters with up to $40,000 to replace important personal property, including automobiles damaged or destroyed in the disaster.
  • SBA also makes Physical Disaster Loans of up to $2 million to qualified businesses or private nonprofit organizations. These loan proceeds may be used for the repair or replacement of real property, machinery, equipment, fixtures, inventory or leasehold improvements.

The filing deadline to return applications for physical property damage is March 14, 2022.

Affected businesses can also apply for Economic Injury Disaster Loans through the Small Business Administration.

Eligibility includes:

  • Businesses that are unable to pay for necessary operating expenses due to economic hardship
  • Only applies to small businesses that are unable to obtain credit elsewhere

Additional Details:

  • Maximum loan of up to $2 million for up to 30 years
  • No prepayment penalties or fees
  • Interest rates do not exceed 4%
  • Collateral requirements required for loans of more than $25,000 with real estate being the preferred collateral

Call 800-659-2955 for more information or email for more details.

SBA links

Emergency Prescription Assistance Program

If you do not have health insurance and lost prescriptions and medical equipment due to tornadoes in Kentucky, the Emergency Prescription Assistance Program (EPAP) may be able to help you replace certain prescription medications and medical equipment. A 30-day supply of certain prescription medications can be requested at any EPAP-participating pharmacy. The EPAP for Kentucky has been activated until February 13, 2022. While EPAP is active, every 30 days Kentuckians can renew their prescriptions. Kentuckians can call the EPAP hotline at 855-793-7470 or visit the EPAP website by clicking HERE  for more information.

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

U.S. Department of Labor


U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

  • SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline can be reached by calling or texting 1-800-985-5990

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

U.S. Department of Education

If you believe you are the victim of a scam, report it immediately to your local police or sheriff’s department, or contact the Office of the Attorney General at 502-696-5389. To file a fraud complaint, go online to Scam Report (

If you suspect fraudulent activity involving FEMA, you can report it to the FEMA Fraud Branch at:, fax: (202) 212-4926 or write to: FEMA Fraud and Internal Investigation Division, 400 C Street SW Mail Stop 3005, Washington, DC 20472-3005.


You may also qualify for state or local assistance. These entities may also be helpful with search and rescue, disaster cleanup, and other disaster response needs. You can inquire about each of these by contacting the following local authorities:

State Resources

Local Resources

Barren County

Sheriff's Office: 270-651-2771

Breckinridge County

Sheriff’s Office: (270) 756-2361

Bullitt County

Sheriff’s Office: (502) 543-2514

Grayson County

Sheriff’s Office: (270) 259-3024

Hart County

Sheriff’s Office: (270) 524-2341

Meade County

Sheriff’s Office: (270) 422-4937
Emergency Management: (270) 422-2776

Spencer County

Sheriff’s Office: (502) 477-3200

Warren County

Sheriff’s Office: (270) 842-1633
Emergency Management: (270) 781-8776
City of Bowling Green Storm Response Resources:

Click HERE for more information about how the Commonwealth is helping victims of the tornadoes with Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief.